Saturday 14 January 2017

My go-to lunch

As mentioned in my post from last week, cooking really isn't something I do a lot of and when I do, I try to make it as simple and fast as possible. One thing I enjoy to do when it comes to food, is lunch. Today I want to talk about my go-to lunch and show you how I make it. 

As you can see from the first picture, it includes avocado. Avocado is by far one of my favourite things to eat. It doesn't really matter what time of year it is, I always enjoy a bit of avocado.

What you'll need to make this:
  • Rye Bread
  • Avocado
  • Cottage Cheese
  • Salt & Pepper




Start off by getting your rye bread ready on the plate. I always go for 2 slices, which lets me have 1 avocado. There are many different ways to cut an avocado and I feel like each person has their own way of cutting it. I always cut it in half, remove the seed (apparently it's the healthiest part of it, but I throw it away lol) and then I take a knife and remove it from the skin. Some people use a spoon, others cut it into thin slices while it's still in the skin....as I said, there are many ways to do it. Mainly, just get it onto the bread! 

I then like to mash it with a fork. It looks a bit messy but I find it easier than to cut it into nice and neat slices. 


It's now time to add the cottage cheese. If you haven't tasted cottage cheese before I highly recommend that you do. I love it. The one I use is from Arla and only contains 1,5% fat and it's really high in protein. I always buy a pack of 3 avocados and a small container of cottage cheese is usually enough to cover those 3 avocados. I do want to say, I am vey generous with my cottage cheese, so I'm sure you can make it last a lot longer than me.  (Dipping cucumbers in it is another thing that tastes amazing btw... just saying!)


Lastly I like to add salt and pepper just to get a bit more taste. Cottage cheese doesn't really taste of much so I think salt and pepper adds something to it.


 I hope you enjoyed this blog post. It's a fast and delicious lunch to make. It takes less than 3 minutes to do and it's really good for you. What is your go-to lunch? I'd love to hear! Write it in the comments below. 😋



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This looks really delicious, I make a really similar lunch myself except I use poached eggs on top of my avocado toast instead of cottage cheese :)

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done that before and it's delicious! :)

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig