Saturday 11 February 2017

How to NOT quit the gym




I know quite a few people who really struggle with keeping their gym membership. I'm going to sound so annoying right now but let me live...... I enjoy working out and I have always been such a sports enthusiast so going to the gym is something I quite enjoy, even though I find workouts just as hard as any other person. I would always just work out at home either to music where I'd come up with my own workout routine or I'd watch a workout DVD and do that 3 times a week. I only recently actually signed up to a gym after feeling really bad for the people living in the apartment below mine. My workouts included a lot of jumping and I can only imagine how annoying that has been for them, so....

Today I want to give you my best advice on how to NOT quit the gym.

Advice #1:
Don't go every day. Start off by once a week if you feel like starting out slow. I personally go 3 times a week - Monday - Wednesday - Friday. Make it a routine but don't feel bad if you can't (don't want to) go once in a while. It's ok.

Advice #2:
You don't have to be there for hours. A 30-minute workout is enough. It's a lot like training for a marathon. No one starts off by running 42km. Take baby steps.

Advice #3:
Stick to short exercises. I like to burn 100 calories per machine I use, which usually takes me about 10-15 minutes on either the exercise bike, cross trainer or rowing machine. I tend to do about 3-4 different things when I'm at the gym. I'll start off by getting my pulse going so either cycling, running or rowing and then I'll work on my legs and my arms. Lastly I'll do a few sit-ups.... and don't forget to stretch!

Advice #4:
Many of the machines allow you to balance your phone on them so you can always watch YouTube or Netflix.

Advice #5:
MAKE A PLAYLIST. Nothing can boost my mood more than listening to my favourite songs!

Advice #6:
Go with a friend. It always helps when you have someone there who will encourage you to push through, so I highly recommend going with someone. Support each other and have a good time!


I hope these were useful to you!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig