Saturday 7 January 2017

New Year's Resolutions

Ah, my first blog post of 2017, how exciting! I really hope you had a good New Year's Eve and that you managed to make the last few minutes of 2016 amazing. I didn't really have a lot planned. I spent the day at my parent's house, visiting their neighbours and generally just having a chilled evening. I do usually like to have a party and spend time with my friends on New Year's Eve but this year I wasn't really in the mood.

We had such a fun evening just 4 of us (me, my parents and my brother). We tend to play a game where each person has to buy 3-4 presents, they are all placed in the middle of the table, you have a dice and whenever someone gets a 6 on the dice, they can take a present from the middle. You do this until all the presents are gone. Then a person sets a timer (only the person who sets the timer will know for how long - it's part of the fun). So now whenever someone gets a 6, they are allowed to steal a present from someone else. We do this until the time is up and then it's time to unwrap the presents. I bought some 'party' balloons and my brother was the lucky winner. So much fun!

I feel like it's obligatory for the first blog post of a new year to be about New Year's resolutions, so that's what this one will be about. What a shocker! I always try to have a big focus on my resolutions in January. Firstly because I hate the month and I feel like it's so long and boring. The weather is cold, it's dark and nothing happens at all during the month. Secondly, I always feel really motivated to get a good start to a new year and I feel so enthusiastic the first few weeks, so this is when I like to focus on my resolutions and try to turn them into a habit, which will help me keep them up for the rest of the year.




1. I'm sure most of us have at least one resolution in common.....and yes, it's the famous "to be healthier" one. 
Yet again.... it's one of mine. I'm pretty sure it's always been a resolution of mine actually. I enjoy working out and sport is something I've always found fun and been good at. So that part of a healthy lifestyle is the part I find easy. Eating healthy, however, is something I find rather difficult. It's not because I don't like healthy food.. in fact, I prefer it. I think it tastes amazing most times. The difficult part is to actually do the grocery shopping and preparing the food. I find that most healthy food is a lot more expensive than junk and it can be hard to stick to a healthy diet when you're a student with a part-time job. I do try though, and that's all that matters... right?

2. Cook more
Along with eating healthier, I also need to start cooking more. A LOT more. Basically, I don't cook a lot. I live on my own and most times I make very simple dishes that are quick and easy to make. I find it hard and a waste of time to cook something incredible when it's just me who is going to eat it. But I want to change that. I want to cook for myself and it doesn't matter if it takes an hour to prepare...

3. Take chances
I've always been a very careful person and I've never really liked moving out of my comfort zone. I have done it a few times, and of course I felt uncomfortable but I'm so happy I did it and I've learned so much from it. It's something I want to do more of for sure and it's definitely something I recommend. It doesn't have to be major. It can be anything. Start out small and move at your own pace. You'll be fine!

4. Travel more
2016 was a year where I didn't travel as much as I usually do. I always go to London at least 2-3 times a year and I only went once... All in all I traveled two places in a whole year and that is not enough for me. Hopefully 2017 will be a year of exciting travels. I've already booked one: MILAN!

Those are my 'big' and 'main' goals for 2017. Do you have any? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear!

Just one piece of advice before I go.... don't be too hard on yourself if you don't stick to your resolutions at all times. You're allowed to have off days, remember that.

The calendar on the pictures above is one I found on Pinterest. You print it yourself, so if that's something you'd like to do, then click here!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig