Saturday 18 February 2017

Epilator Review



If you had told me 10 years ago that I would be writing a positive review on epilators, I would have laughed and called you a liar. I remember the first time I tried one. It was about 8 years ago at my friend's house and long story short... I started to cry.

If you don't know what an epilator is, it's a device for hair removal. What it does is essentially pulling your hair out with multiple tweezers, very fast. It sounds really painful, and it is really painful. BUT the result is amazing. 

I've been blessed with very thick, dark hair. It has its positive sides and definitely also some negative sides. It means that when I shave my legs, the smoothness lasts approximately 24 hours and that's it. I can't use those cheap razors because they leave marks on my legs and I generally just got really tired of spending money on the more expensive razors and razor blades. 

I then went to YouTube, watched a bunch of people use an epilator, curled into a ball in horror after having seen most of them cry from pain, but after all that I still decided to go straight to Amazon to buy one myself. And can I just say, that was one of the best decisions I made last year.
When you use an epilator, you'll have smooth legs for at least 2 weeks. Maybe even longer if you've been blessed with lighter and thinner hair. 

Negatives:
- It's always painful (more hair, more pain)
- It takes a long time (from 40 minutes to an hour)
- Your legs turn red and bumpy for a while after having used it, so always do it the day BEFORE you want smooth and nice looking legs.

Positives:
- It leaves your legs smooth for a long time
- Even though some epilators can be expensive, it's cheaper in the long run. My local shops sell them for about 700kr (£74) but I found it for under half price on Amazon.
- Hair grows out thinner and I swear mine are growing out slower as well. I'll have patches where there is no hair after 2 weeks, which is quite impressive. This also means that there is less hair to remove aka a less painful epilator session ahead. 

It can be quite scary to start using one and I remember being almost terrified to pull out the first few hairs because you know it's going to hurt. But, go for it. It's so worth it!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig